How to Install Sublime Text on Ubuntu & Linux Mint. Sublime Text is a cross-platform proprietary text editor that is available for “code, markup, and prose” for Linux, Windows, and macOS. It has often been touted as the best code editor for a long time.
Sublime text is facing stiff competition due to new modern code editors such as Atom and Visual Studio Code. Despite this, Sublime Text still has a good user base on Linux.
What is Sublime Text 3?
Sublime Lesson 3 is a proprietary text editor available in all three major operating systems – a feature that developers appreciate for moving from one system to another.
Sublime text is fast and responsive (faster than the Atom text editor, either way) and boasts an extender feature set that can be extended thanks to the support of plugins.
A whole ecosystem of subtext text plugins is available, and a quick Google recommendation will turn on loads of people.
How to Install Sublime Text on Ubuntu
First things first: you can download Sublime Text for Linux direct from the editor’s website, but this route has a major drawback: no auto-updates to new versions.
Windows and macOS builds do automatically update to new releases as and when they’re made, but the Linux version does not.
So to install Sublime Text on Ubuntu AND get automatic updates to new releases you can add the official Sublime Text repository following these three steps:
1. Download the security key for the Sublime text editor repository. This step is important as it ensures any packages you download from the linked repo are what they say they are, with no nasty surprises:
wget -qO - https://download.sublimetext.com/sublimehq-pub.gpg | sudo apt-key add -
2. Add the Sublime Text stable repository to your list of software sources:
echo "deb https://download.sublimetext.com/ apt/stable/" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/sublime-text.list
If you to run development builds of Sublime Text 3 instead of the stable version you should run this command instead of the one above:
echo "deb https://download.sublimetext.com/ apt/dev/" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/sublime-text.list
3. Install Sublime Text by running this command:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install sublime-text
- 20 + Best Adobe Illustrator CS6 Online Free Courses List
- The Ultimate Guide & Courses About Health & Fitness
- Free 5 Artificial Intelligence Course In 2020
- 30+ Free HARVARD UNIVERSITY ONLINE COURSES ENROLL NOW
- $3000 Moz Academy SEO Paid Courses For Free
- 100+ Free Online Courses In 2020
- How To Make A Video Call In Slack
- Top 10 Paid Courses For Free In 2020
- 100+ Free Android Development Courses & Certification In 2020.
- The Best Courses For Business Learn And Earn
- Best Digital Marketing Course In Pakistan